Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Haul


Reckoning by Magda Subanski
Ohhhhhh gooooooddddddd. The idea of repressing a secret for decades fills me with dread. Magda. Ian Thorpe. Ugggghhhhh. Am I doing something wrong? What could I release upon the world and free myself from?















H is for Hawk by Helen McDonald

I have some suspicion about people who grieve too intensely for their parents, under circumstances when their parents die at an advanced age, and the griever is themselves a grown adult. Here are the qualifiers. I am a particularly ungenerous person. I have recurring panic thoughts that one of my parents might die. I am nightmarishly beset by karma.


This is a great book. I tried to buy a copy for a family member after Christmas and it had rightly all sold out at the book shop I was in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment