Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I know what you're thinking!


I do! I do!

You're thinking, hoooo, boy, is this blog about to become que ironico, as Jane Lane would say.

Well, it's not. I do have things to share. I just also am taking three classes in my graduate school program and I have a toddler who doesn't go to day care or have babysitters and my mum is visiting from Australia for a month and I am sooooo fucking drowning in busyness.

You know what I'd like to point you to in the meantime, gentle reader (singular)? Go poke around Shapely Prose for a bit. The writers of that site have opened my eyes this year like nothing I've ever read before. Obvi, I don't agree with everything they say, but I do have damn close to a 100% head-nod rate. Kate Harding alone is just about the best writer haunting the interwebs these days.

PS- You know who's fucking busy? I just heard on the radio that Renee Montagne gets to work at 12AM (she's GETTING UP then, not staying up). She and Steve Inskeep are at least 50% of the reason I get up in the morning. The other 50% is croissants from Bonaparte Breads.

1 comment:

  1. You did! You did know what I was thinking, and you can't just shake me off onto Shapely Prose all casual like that.

    I can wait for your mum to leave and for your time to be more available to casual ramblings, but don't think you can distract me from my daily check in...

    ReplyDelete