Monday, October 26, 2015

Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling





I do like Mindy Kaling. I too am someone who backs myself, in general, and it's comforting to know that there are others out there of approximately my age and conventional attractiveness-level who also back themselves. I mean, look how much I back myself! I have just now put myself on the same level as someone who wrote an award-wining Broadway play, won two Emmys for TV writing, runs her own TV show, and wrote two books. I am a university manager. My achievements have been, let's say, more muted. I think she's got solid points. I think the point that she makes, and one I have come to on my own as well, is something that I understand is also a part of cognitive behaviour therapy. If you start to freak out or doubt yourself, have a look at the evidence. Is there evidence to suggest that you are stupid, make mistakes, or lack professional judgement? There is not. (I mean, you do have to shore this up with good professional judgement, hard work and reliability). So go forth and make that call! Mindy and I want you to back yourself.


Here it is time to link to one of my favourite blogs of the moment: Ask A Manager. Excellent work advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment